Friday, January 8, 2016

If You Ignore, You Will Enjoy!

Looking in the rear view mirror of a high school coaching journey, I can tell you with all certainty that with every opportunity presented to me (and there were many) came opposition. Interestingly, I often enjoyed the opposition because I was confident that I would conquer it if I applied my passion, abilities, had administrative support and gave ownership to others in a position to assist in the cause.

Let me tell you something about high school athletic coaches everywhere. These mentors, generally speaking, are in a no win situation. No matter what decisions the make, they will make someone unhappy. Unfortunately, the coach will find trust and friendships outside his or her inner circle 'problematic.'

One can only know success when one brings opportunity and opposition together and embraces the former while ignoring the latter. I can still 'taste' the outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment