Tuesday, October 9, 2018

I Heard The Voice.

I suspect most people nearing life's end listens and hopes to hear some inner-voice, which might whisper, "Well done, you did good." One thing certain, we all seem to have an easier time evaluating others and how they lived as opposed to self-scrutiny. I believe our Lord saw this as a human weakness and therefore gave us that warning: "Why do you look at the sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?"

I was a product of good God fearing people. Hard working blue-collar folks. They were loving and supportive but stopped short of worshiping their children. My entire youth was devoted to pleasing my parents. I never sensed my parents were trying to 'please me.' My mother preached respect of others and my father was big on doing it right, don't goldbrick and if you don't like the way things are do something to change things...don't complain. (Please note: Many of today's parents reading this paragraph are clueless to its comprehension).

I would not be so foolish as to disavow genetic factors and a learning environment that did much to impact my behavior and idiosyncrasy 'ways.' That agreed, I likewise must note the exposure to higher education that would cause me to reject some of which I was exposed to in youth and for that I am most thankful.

My youth and adult participation in baseball and basketball was a huge element in my growth as an individual. I cannot state strongly enough my appreciation for the many mentors who insisted on me embracing commitment, dedication and cooperation. Suffice to say, my story was a blessed story and I've heard that inner voice, which said, "Your life experiences were greater than all the world's gold."


No comments:

Post a Comment