Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Crazy Comments

My late maternal grandmother, Mammy Bennett, when caught in a whirledwind of family activities coupled with household duties might say, "Goodness, I need to sit a spell, my head's ah-swimmin."
Ever since Donald Trump took the oath of office, my head's been swimming. Often I find myself in a delirious, confused state of mind unable to void my head of the nonsensical and idiotic comments, which are made and seemingly acceptable by far too many of the upright walking species capable of thinking in the abstract, which is supposed to distinguish them from non-humans.

My first hint of this three and one-half years erosion of reason and logic, which has paralyzed truth was the introduction of a phrase used often by White House Presidential Advisor, Kellyanne Conway, who when debunking media  challenges said, "Well, we have alternate facts." I immediately wondered what the hell can alter FACTS? I soon discovered that facts can be altered and dismissed by lies. Simply tell an untruth often enough and a plethora of Americans who are more willing to embrace anger, intolerance of religion and racial bigotry will accept the lie rather than  painstakingly researching for truth.

Stupid is what stupid states and here are just a few stupid comments: "We need to go back to work. Parents are home 24/7 with their kids during this 'stay at home thing' and they just can't handle these kids no longer." "We need to have business people makin' the decision to reopen the economy not no virus doctors; what the hell do doctors know about business?" (Why not, insurance business men decide if I need surgery...not my doctor who ran tests). And then there's that Texas politician who said, "Something's are more important than living."

Amidst all this 'head-swimming' craziness a friend of mine just sent a frequently circulated internet message from a pastor supporting what many Evangelicals believe and this is Trump is The Chosen One...Chosen by God himself to lead America as President. Well, 'hot-damn,' finally something that makes sense to me! Why every time I I see a televised Trump the first thought that comes to me is how Trump's rhetoric reminds me of  Jesus-Christ's 'Sermon of The Mount.' I'm sure Robert Jeffress and Franklin Graham feel the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment