Wednesday, April 1, 2020

S'plain It PLEASE!

In the television sitcom, 'I Love Lucy,' Ricky Ricardo when  confused by wife Lucy's crazy antics and predicaments would often say, "Lucy S'plain it to me!" Well, I am confused and need somebody to explain it to me.  The United States coronavirus cases are fast increasing as are the deaths, which are currently doubling every two days. Seemingly, President Trump has been  convinced  by infectious disease experts to extend the 'stay-at-home' recommendation measures until April 30.

Here is the puzzling aspect. 87% of Americans are comlying, however it was just today that Georgia, Florida and Mississippi Governors issued the 'stay-at-home' order; but let's look at those States who are still holding out.: Alabama, Arkansas, Iowa, Nebraska, Missouri, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas, Utah and Wyoming.  Let me help you get started> All the aforementioned States holding out and not issuing stay-at-home orders have Republican Governors.

The medical experts have made it clear that for the best outcome, which means fewer people die, the stay-at-home orders is shortened and the economy gets back on track is dependent on ALL STATES SHUTTING DOWN. Not my opinion but the opinion of infectious experts world wide.

I'll stop here because sombody or perhaps many bodies are now going to S'plain to me. Why all Republican State Governors and why a refusal to be a team player especially with the stakes so very high?

No comments:

Post a Comment