Saturday, April 25, 2020

Takes Time For New To Become Normal

For many years, I have awakened each morning and whispered the same prayer: "Thank you Lord for the promise held in this new day. Thank you for the many blessings you've given me and may I be a blessing to somebody today. In your name, I pray. Amen." Just a short straightforward acknowledgment of my Lord's gifts and a plea for my awareness to touch another's life as a blessing.
I haven't prayed those words for several weeks. My first daily conversation with my Lord has changed.

The definition of 'new' is> 'introduced for the first time.'  Things for the moment are not normal. 'Normal' is> 'the expected, the usual.' This current virus (event) creates concerns, which consequently ask for a consideration to change and that change begs for a 'new,' which in time will become our 'normal,' but it's not going to happen overnight.

This journey towards the adoption of different folkways and norms must find its transition anchored in what is 'good for the order.' As a worldwide community, we must embrace changes that best serve physical, mental, spiritual, social and economic health. This arrival to a 'new normal' will be painfully slow and clouded with self-serving perspectives and motives, which must find  compromised based on science and factual evidence.

If there is a lesson to come from this pandemic it is the reality that 'selflessness' taught by Christ, other great prophets and religious leaders is a necessary, non-negotiable trait of a surviving civilization...thus my  new normal morning prayer: "Dear Lord, because of your great mercy I have hope this day that comforting grace will embrace those hurting, those clinging to hope and those who mourn. Guide your people through these dark and uncertain times and bring us together in a spirit of love. Let me be a blessing to another. In your name, I pray. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment