Sunday, October 28, 2012

...But They Remain My Friends

I suppose that I am very much like other folks when it comes to friendships; some personalities simply click and a friendship is born. It is interesting how, I never measured anything other than the moment's enjoyment with other people as those friendships began. Not once did I give consideration to religion, race, political persuasion or if they were a Cubs or Cardinals fan. Now that I have stated everything you already know about the birth of friendships, let me move on to make my point.

I receive emails from all kinds of people; Friends, strangers and casual acquaintances. When getting those Internet 'notes' from folks, I notice that about 95% of the more angry, finger-blame-accusations of wrong doing comes from my friends on the politically-conservative right; my Republican crony-chums!

Just this past week a longtime dear friend sent an email message filled with one anti-liberal claim after another. I am sure that she knows that I am a union-Democrat with strong liberal views; perhaps she wishes to 'save' me. She sent this letter about a "tired man." He worked hard from the time he was 18 years-old until now, his sixty-third year. Crap, I worked hard from age 16, until seventy-three and I'm not pissed at conservatives. He spoke of his tiredness of the Islam so-called, 'Religion of Peace.' Then he went on to document Muslim men killing wives, sisters and daughters for family honor reasons. I should have shot an email back to my friend and speak to the eight (8) Christian religion-driven anti-abortion killings since 2009, right here in the USA; but I thought what's the purpose?

My friend's email really 'got into' the issues of this fella's weariness hearing about tolerance for race so I went to my resources to investigate recent studies on the issue. Holy Goodness, 'Mother-of-Rush Limbaugh,' I discovered that the disappearance of Southern Democrats coincides with the 'civil rights' movement when the Republicans came on board to oppose most social causes. Studies today, reveals the following about racial attitudes: In 2008 48% of Americans felt negative against 'Blacks' whereas that is up to 51% in 2012. Regarding political party attitudes towards 'Black' People...' 55 % of Democrats look upon Blacks unfavorably while 64% of Republicans hold anti-Black attitudes. AND here is one that likely displeases our Lord, a study uncovers that 'Whites' who attend church regularly have stronger anti-Blacks attitudes than non-church going 'Whites.' Please accept the reality that most 'Whites' do NOT like Brownish-skin people and most 'Whites' believe Jesus Christ is light skin and blue-eyed.

Thank goodness for 'those' bumper-stickers, which read: "Honk If You Love Jesus" Gives us a chance to 'show' our REAL Christian values and love taught by Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment