Monday, October 15, 2012

Happy Trails to Me.

My wife and I are in the automobile frequently. Our travel is usually good distances. We have seven grandchildren in northern Illinois, which is a minimum six hours round-trip; six grandchildren and one great-grandchild located mid-south, Illinois, a four hour (there & back) journey and we count two grandkids  in west-central, Illinois; a 2-1/2 hour ride.  Add a ninety-three year old mother and one brother to that mid-south trek and it becomes a frequent pilgrimage.

It is not an exaggeration to say that over the past year, I have visited MY mother in her home more than all three of my kids have visited their folks in OUR home. That comment is not intended to be 'anything' other than a factual statement. Another factual statement is the following: my two brothers have visited us in Decatur 'ONE' time in fifteen years. I have traveled twice to Dallas, Texas to my younger brother's home and more times than I could count to my metro-east sibling's home.

Equipped with the aforementioned information and .65 cents, you can purchase a senior coffee at McDonald's...provided that you meet the age requirement.

I place these factors before me, in writing and after posting on this blog, I will print a copy and give it to my wife for an expressed purpose. She is always willing to jump in the car, matter-of-fact, and travel anywhere and everywhere chasing all invitations and/or her every inclination!

Personally, I enjoy driving and I certainly love my family, however at age seventy-three, I reserve the RIGHT to follow my own dad-gum inclinations and desires. Without explanation to anyone, I will choose to go when and where I please. Wish me 'good luck' when I hand this print-out to my wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment