Friday, October 5, 2012

I'll Figure Something Out

In a couple of hours, I'll leave for Vandalia, Illinois where I will present two lectures at the Annual Fayette, Bond and Effingham Counties Teachers' Institute. I have given four previous presentations over the years at this conference and today's offering is a new-first time speech. It is entitled, 'Re-Write the Job Description;' more on this later.

Since this is my first time to deliver this particularly presentation, I plan to record the message for personal play-back and evaluation. I was out of blank cassette tapes so I went to Wal Mart yesterday to purchase some. To my surprise, the Wal Mart clerk told me that the two blank tapes on the display rack were the last ones in the store and they would NOT be getting anymore. When I asked 'why' she said, "They are outdated!" She looked at me and did not complete that which, I know she was thinking, 'Only old farts like you use cassette tapes.' Modern technology has marched directly by me; I am no longer 'in-the-know,' hip or 'cool.' My computer savvy is limited to searching the web, emailing and downloading but not always finding where the hell the downloaded items disappeared!

Still, I am undaunted by my lagging behind the younger set; I know for certain that I have a message to leave with my superior skilled electronic-gadget-manipulators. Understand please, my message will motivate people and that will always be the biggest technique-manipulation desired!

If you wish, I can send you copies of any of my speeches. No, they will NOT be on cassette tapes. I have a machine which allows me to 'burn' the cassette recording onto a CD. How else would I be able to listen to all my 1950's 45 records on a CD; automobiles no longer offer cassette players and today, neither does the Decatur Wal Mart Store at Ash & Prospect!

No comments:

Post a Comment