Thursday, October 25, 2012

Good and Bad; I OWN It!

Back in August, when I heard Missouri Senate candidate, Todd Akin say that a woman can cause her body to somehow 'block' an unwanted pregnancy caused by rape, I thought it was perhaps the dumbest comment I ever heard from a politician, excluding Palin's comment about her incredible vision, which allows her to 'see' Russia from her Alaska home's back porch. I'll be if a fella running for the Senate in Indiana hasn't trumped both Akin and Palin's lame-brain remarks; his name is Richard Mourdock. Republican Senate candidate, Mourdock refuses to apologize for a statement suggesting that a pregnancy resulting from rape is "something God intended."

Readers, on October 10, 2012, I wrote a blog entitled, 'Stop Blaming God.' Okay, you all come to your own conclusions, my conclusion is clearly stated in this opinion piece.

I obviously grew up in a much different Christian training environment than Mr. Mourdock who appears to be a disciple of those far right-wing whack-jobs, i.e., the late Jerry Falwell, who tried to scare the hell out of parents about Teletubbies; Rev Pat Robertson who believes that all earthquakes and other natural disasters are caused by God to get even with sinners, especially 'Gays' (even though innocent folks die), or that 'Wannabe Preacher,' Franklin Graham (not to be confused with his Father, Billy) but Franklin who maintains that he "KNOWS" Romney's heart by merely looking in his eyes but he'll have to take Obama at his word when Obama says he IS a Christian. Franklin should not preach, he should have a Carnival stand and tell fortunes!

Please follow my Christian teachings: If Richard Mourdock's logic is correct, then ALL things are predestined by God and God gave mankind NO FREE CHOICE in life thus Charles Manson did his evil acts because a loving God wanted him to do these terrible things. If Mourdock speaks truisms, then we people of God need NOT repent because we don't need salvation; we did NOT choose to do bad things. I believe that God 'gave us' rules (Commandments) and teachings (Christ's words) to choose to live by daily. If all mankind lived by these tenets, man would live in peaceful tranquility. If man 'chooses' NOT to follow the teaching/rules, man sins.

Please excuse me, while I leave this typing machine to engage my 'morning prayers' when I will ask my Lord and Savior to forgive me my transgressions; that's correct, MY transgressions, MY sins, which God did not intend for me to commit!

No comments:

Post a Comment