Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Be Serious!


Please, someone pinch me and wake me from this stupid dream; we are NOT really having this gobbledygook debate about our American government 'spying' on other (foreign) governments??? I swear, the anti-Obama folks have thrown everything  but the proverbial Iraqi-shoe at President Obama. Have we lost all concept of the 'fairness-sense' and reality? Hell yes, our American government spies on other nations. Hell yes, the American people want our government to spy on other nations. Oh, how's that, you say 'they' don't? Please, don't 'shit yourself,' the American people be all over our government and the President if there was another surprise '9-11' type attack.

Based upon recent events how shall we pursue? I suppose, our country could 'spy' on terrorists training in American to fly commercial jet liners then ignore the data collected and stand by and watch 3,000 Americans die when their work place crumbled into jet fuel ashes. On the other hand, we could lie to our countrymen about spy 'data collected and claim knowledge that some 'evil' country has WMD. We could then decide to show the world our 'shock & awe' power! This approach could certainly present a cowboy strutting moment!

I can relate to the 'spying' operations; I believe it is absolutely the 'way-to-go. I coached over 900 high school basketball games and scouted all the teams we prepared to play. I recall getting ready to leave the house one evening to go scout an upcoming opponent. As I was putting on my jacket, I heard my oldest daughter tell her younger sister, "Daddy is going to 'spy' and get secrets about other teams." She was correct and if her daddy did a good job 'spying,' the family can go on vacation next summer.

Accept this reality:...All nations spy and given the make up of the human species, we SHOULD NOT be so quick to trust but instead be super quick to spy; and we do and they do; get over it!

No comments:

Post a Comment