Monday, October 14, 2013

Making the Most of Time

In a few weeks, Americans will be tinkering with their 'time-pieces' as they 'fall back' into standard time. I believe it was during World War I that our country first gave a nod to 'daylight savings' time. If my history recall is correct, I think the purpose was coal saving energy for the war effort. Today, we Americans seem to care very little about 'saving' much of any thing. You younger folks should ask an older relative what was it with those 'Eagle Stamps' savings books?

Regarding time, I simply comply with the spring and fall clock-manipulations as mandated. On each occasion, I do have a fleeting thought; how nice it might be if we could just make time stand still or at least slow-time-down. If only we had the power to really 'save;' time; giving us more time... to share! I am sure most folks arriving at a certain age become increasingly aware of the quickening flow of falling sand through the hour-glass.

We all know that time altering cannot be and must not be; any interruption would alter the wondrous, significant and necessary events awaiting each in our respective journeys. The unfolding of each new day beckons us to embrace newness of hope and possibilities. The marking of 'time' gives impetus to our imagination and personal adventurous spirit to fully engaged this terrific human experience. It is perhaps the very joy we find in living that causes our pause to contemplate the selfish desire to make time wait.

Regardless of standard or daylight time, I hope this moment-in-time is yours. May you find time to say I'm sorry; time to tell another, I love you and time to kneel in prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment