Friday, February 21, 2014

Only in America...Ageless Pizza

Sometimes, my wife will read my blogs but often she does not; I am hoping she does not read today's post.
I once noticed that my father ate everything and anything that my mother made and put on the family dinner table. I recall asking my Dad, "Is there any foods that you don't like?" He answered with a question of his own. "Boy, you have never gone to bed hungry have you?" I did not follow with another comment; I understood his point. Okay, here is the deal about my wife. I don't know that she ever went to bed hungry but I am convinced she values 'left-over foods' to the extent that she thinks it to be sinful to 'throw-away' left-over morsels. Whereas, I seldom if ever bring home restaurant 'left-overs', my wife never leaves a any food 'ordered' at the restaurant; "Can I have a 'to go' box, please," she insists.


I would not categorize this idiosyncrasy as one of my significant pet peeves if she actually ate the damn stuff that she brings home and shoves into the fridge! That is not often the case. I usually throw the dried up, ugly looking item into the trash four-to-five days after paying the restaurant or when it begins 'growing' fungi-fuzz.
Now comes this frightening news from our military;  they call it the 'holy grail' of ready-to-eat meals.. they have developed a pizza that has a self life of three (3) years. Oh boy, a college roommates nightmare!


This military food development should have been 'classified information!'

No comments:

Post a Comment