Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Uh?

The sign says, "Welcome To Alabama The Beautiful."  I have traveled through the State of Alabama numerous times and I would not refute the claim. 'Bama IS beautiful country and the deeper south you travel the more beauty unfolds. However, beauty does NOT exonerate a region from 'Bubba logic.' Let me explain. The last time I traversed Alabama I experienced the following: I stopped at a large State Rest Area to use the facility and stretch a bit. Walking a good distance across the parking lot, I approached the facilities' entrance. There next to the main doorway was two signs: "NO Pets and NO Weapons Beyond This Point."


Really?? Let's suppose it is raining and some fella dashes several yards across the parking lot and comes to the door entrance where he reads that he is NOT to enter with his concealed 45 caliber pistol. Do we truly think that this chap is going to return to his vehicle to leave his gun and risk 'dirtying' his skivvies while getting soaked just to comply with the law? The answer is NO and we all KNOW IT. By the way, my 7lbs. Poodle has yet to kill anyone!


Later the same day, I ate a meal in southern Alabama and ordered a beer. I was asked to 'show my ID.' The last time I was carded was 51 years ago. The waitress' explanation..."It's the Law in Alabama." I inquired about Alabama's 'conceal and carry law' as applied to restaurant patrons. She said, "We don't care if you all have a gun." You cannot 'smoke' in that restaurant because it is determined that 'secondhand smoke kills; kiss my Illinois butt, stray bullets also kill!


I cannot wrap my head around THAT conflicting logic...suffice for me...if 'Bama Bubba's follow their Laws, I shall be able to safely  'crap' on State property but elsewhere safety is a 'crap shoot !'

No comments:

Post a Comment