Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Silence IS Golden

My wife woke me at 2:30 A.M.; she said, "The television is making a noise." My first thought as I opened my eyes was, perhaps the television was not turned off. This was not the case. My next thought was obvious...I have always suspected some 'strange' DNA from my wife's family tree. Actually, I don't care if the television is talking to my wife in the 'wee-hours' just as long as it does not instruct her to go shopping.


Five minutes after telling me that noise was coming from the T.V., she nudged me again and told that our son had just text her. (Note: Please refer to my suspicions about her family DNA). The text message said, "I love you guys." Of course, my wife text back asking why he was awake at 3 A.M. and he responded telling her that he is often up at that time. (Note: Obviously, he is not the only family member UP at that time!)


My children and grandchildren know very well that I DO NOT TEXT! If they wish to communicate with this old-boy, they pick up the telephone and call or come to my home. I expect to hear 'real' voices (not T.V. voices) or 'see' faces with whom I interact.
Actually, there is another reason I do not text...my fingers are too fat for the small telephone key board. I cannot wait to go to bed tonight...perhaps our son will appear on our television.
Should you believe that my comments about my wife are harsh...please consider the following: Several weeks ago, I entered the kitchen after washing my hands before joining my wife for supper. Seated at the table next to my plate was the Schwans' delivery driver. My wife introduce us and said to me, "Our Schwans' driver is joining us for dinner."

No comments:

Post a Comment