Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Is The Doctor 'In' or 'Out?'

If you're paying attention things are rather inconsistent on the American landscape. Perhaps that which I am about to put before you falls under one of two categories: (1) life ain't always fair or (2) money talks and bullshit walks. Okay follow my slightly above average thinking. I am encouraged by numerous public signs that I should 'start seeing motorcycles.' My first thought, strapped into to my seat belt, is I am always on the lookout for the helmet less motorcyclists who are dodging in and out of highway traffic ignoring most rules of the road and all common courtesies. Of course, I do understand 'why' I am required to wear a seat belt and the cyclist is free to go without head-protection...Harley-Davidson is the largest worldwide sport logo and their lobbyist have deep enough pockets to own most politicians.


We may suspect some professional athletes taking performance enhancing drugs but at least major pro sports leagues have some type of drug-testing policy. Why? Because the paying sport nuts wish for their heroes to be legitimate. Those over-the-road truck drivers must log hours behind the wheel and stay under lawful-limits. Likewise these truck-drivers must be periodically drug tested; all this for the public safety.


The aforementioned digested, have you heard that a recent survey of medical doctors discloses that 1-in-10 American physicians are 'stoned.' Yep, it is estimated that one out of ten American doctors whom we trust with our lives and the lives of our love ones could not pass a drug/alcohol test...but doctors are not required to takes a drug test; go figure!! I must have a heart-to-heart with my health care providers and my dogs Vet.



No comments:

Post a Comment