Thursday, June 19, 2014

Unfathomable


I suppose I paid little attention to the 'hard-news' the first 20-years of my life but I believe the last 55-years, I have likely read a newspaper and listened to or watched a newscast once per day. That said, it is reasonable to suggest that I have digested over forty-thousand news moments.


Unfortunately, most news stories tend to have an element of sadness; tornadoes, hurricanes, accidents, crime and other human tragedies. Occasionally, we delight in happy news items; the 'feel-good' story. Often, we Americans see some international news that portrays third world countries and unbelievable blight or unacceptable human activities or behavior. We shake our heads and think, 'my God, how barbaric!'


Yesterday, I saw one of the saddest news stories IN MY LIFETIME and shook my head in disbelief; how sick, how shameful; how disturbing. The story is all about our beloved United States of America; the omnipotent Christian Nation. We (Americans) are now manufacturing and selling 'bullet-proof back-packs' for elementary school children. The great free society will celebrate its 238th independence day in a couple of weeks.


 To imagine that in a Nation of such freedoms, our grade school kids need a damn bullet-proof back-pack along with a ruler, crayons and lunch box is unfathanable! Folks, this is THIRD WORLD crap; how dare we look down on other countries with our pompous brag!!  This July 4th, we Americans should hang our heads in disgrace when we consider the sacrifices some made for this Country and our willingness to  believe that we are 'leaving' a better Nation behind for our children.

No comments:

Post a Comment