Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Make The Pain Go Away

Sorry about that. I was down with shoulder pain and unable to sit upright at my typing-machine; consequently no blog yesterday. The shoulder pain is a chronic condition and always finds a way to surface when this 'old' mind and aged body views a yard project through youthful eyes. Enough of my problems.


As with most people 'grounded,' I watched a lot of television shows. Actually, I watched one news program after another and noted two things about our 'Christian Nation:' (1) We judge others at every turn and have a quarreling intolerance towards others with opposing opinions. I understand that it is a 'healthy' America with two different political platforms and philosophy. Good for us with guaranteed freedoms to have differing points of debating views. That noted and stated, when we can compromise differing methods for the common good.  I do become confused listening to the two sides lock horns on foods provided to our public schools. My goodness, surely we are shameful in this refusal to agree on 'what is healthy.'


Recently, a war prisoner was released in a trade-off. Folks are arguing about that decision, circumstances surrounding the incident and making personal-attack comments while debating.
Another recent mass-murder shooting 'flushes-out' the two quarreling sides to point fingers never coming together to resolve the issues of mental health and gun availability.



I can say with certainty that viewing television news at length was nearly as painful as shoulder tendinitis and bursitis.



No comments:

Post a Comment