Thursday, February 7, 2019

Remake of The Ten Commadments, Coming Soon

I recall hearing many sermons and Biblical stories about Moses leading the children of Israel out of Egypt where they were enslaved. I was fascinated with the 1956, movie, The Ten Commandments depicting The Great Exodus. Didn't Chatlton Heston (Moses) do some-kinda magic with that staff he carried around. And holy Moses, wasn't Yul Brenner a stern and menacing looking Rameses dude? After filming that movie, I think Heston always thought he was really Moses till his death and Brenner became the poster boy-forerunner for America's male baldness.

There is one thing that confuses me to this day. I know for certain that 'faith-believers' still get all Goose 'bumpy' watching that movie. Here's what's confusing to me. Why the hell do the Evangelicals go along with their boy Trump's depiction of those Central Americans fleeing terrible violence in their native countries and seeking refuge in America as a "horrible invasion!" Actually, I think it reminds me of the Exodus? How do 'Church folks' not see the pain that God saw with those olive-skin Israelites?

I'm thinking if Trump gets a second term, the 'Evangelicals  are going to petition for a revision of the five Books of Moses. I'd sure go to a re-make of The Ten Commandment movie starring villain Moses, played by Chuck Schumer and hero, Rameses, played by Donald Trump. The movie would make more than enough money to build that border 'wall.' Why, people would attend that movie just to see a bald headed Trump.


No comments:

Post a Comment