Thursday, November 21, 2013

Thanks for Asking

Recently, one of the grandkids asked me, "If you could live your life over would you do anything differently?" My answer was, absolutely. However, you could count on one hand and not use all fingers those 'do different things.'

I was  both blessed and 'lucky.' I grew up in the incredible era of the '40's & '50's and I was raised by that infamous 'village' (of people); wonderful parents and a supportive extended family and neighbors. I played my sports with a degree of success, received a free college education playing sport and I pursued a lifelong coaching career. I married my high school sweetheart with whom I enjoy a terrific history, three grown children /spouses, fifteen grandchildren and one great-grandson. If that ain't blessed and lucky then, "grits ain't groceries, eggs ain't poultry and Mona Lisa was a man," said Little Milton.

Thousands of folks were interested enough in what I had to say and purchased my books; many invited me to speak at conventions and audiences across the nation. I had a blast serving the Illinois High School Association television network as an analyst and especially embraced twenty-one years behind the radio microphone.

I would only wish to 'do over' those times when I caused others hurt. I hope for their forgiveness. I do know that a Savior died for those misgivings. I have resolve and contentment knowing that I did answer my 'calling' to serve the least of HIS people.

If there is a 'do over' opportunity, I'm good to go...if no such plan...I am good to GO!

I wish you few 'woulda, shoulda , coulda moments.'

No comments:

Post a Comment