Wednesday, January 29, 2014

I Should Let It Go

I recall as a junior high/high school student, I prayed the teacher would not 'call-on-me' for answers. Today at seventy-five, I now have all the answers and nobody ever ask me the questions. Just last week some politically conservative chap was on television explaining the Republican philosophy of 'individualism' as it pertains to the acquisition or loss of wealth based on the individuals abilities and work ethics. There I sat on the edge of my easy chair, yelling at the lecturer and shouting questions; I looked like the poster person for institutional living. This fella continued the often pontificated American myth of individualism fulfillment and there was nobody able to challenge one damn thing he said except me and I did not have a microphone. Note: I later discovered it was a Fox News presentation, dah!


Here are a few questions I wanted to pose: Why does the government bail out corporations but we think the regular guy who gets hammered in foreclosure was a fella who simply made bad choices; did NOT the corporate folks make Bad choices? Why does the government give big tax breaks to oil companies (18 billion dollars) and those companies made 120 billion dollars while our gas pump prices soar? Many conservative politicians wish for private school vouchers while cutting public school spending. The conservative entrenched followers believe it is okay to outsource jobs from America for cheaper production costs then reduce welfare assistance while sending relief to foreign countries; this logic gives me a migraine headache.


As Brother Ray Charles sings, ..."them that gots is them that gets and some ain't got nothin' yet."

No comments:

Post a Comment