Monday, December 22, 2014

A Legacy of Love

Yesterday marked the second anniversary of my mother's passing; she was 93. Strange, it seems as though she has been gone much longer. I surely miss her and the frequent telephone conversations as well as those quick trips from Decatur to the Metro-East area and sharing a lunch.
I had a close and trusting relationship with my mother. I suppose one anchor of that relationship was cemented when a six-year old boy's daddy is called away by his nation to fight in  the Second World War; she served two roles during formative years. It is often said, "Times make the man." I would offer that 'circumstances' forge a relationship.'
I will think of both my mother and father during this Christmas Day. I will feel great blessings as I look around my living room knowing that my children and many of our grandchildren knew so well the people they called: Mamaw and Papaw; this old man's mom and dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment