Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Lesson? Don't Get Hurt / Don't Get Sick!

Ten weeks ago while out for a morning three-mile 'power-walk,' I stepped from a curb and heard and felt a loud pop in my left knee. The event sent me to the ground. I gained my composure and hobbled four blocks home. I finally went to my health care provider (physician assistant) for an evaluation. She said I could try rehab. I did. I was getting somewhat better but still had some knee pain. I finally had an X-ray a week ago and the PA told me I should get an MRI. Her nurse telephoned to tell me my MRI is scheduled for this coming Friday. One hour later that same nurse telephoned to tell me my health insurer denied the MRI request.
I telephoned United Healthcare and spoke to Jackie who, after my long explanation she said that my problem was not her area of expertise. Jackie transferred me to Chelsea who took all my information and explanation and preceded to tell me she could not help me.  Chelsea transferred me to 'Carl' who listened to about half my story only to interrupt telling me he was NOT associated with any insurance company but was a parts manager for an auto dealership in South Alabama...I would NOT make up this crap. Finally, I got hold of Mary (United Healthcare) and she explained that my provider (Physician Assistant) failed to provide 'consistent published clinical evidence' to have the MRI.
I immediately called my Physician Assistant but she and her nurse took the afternoon off.
I went to the sporting goods store last night to purchase a 'leg-weight' machine...wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment