Thursday, December 4, 2014

Not Always About You

A few St Louis Rams' football players, upon introduction last game, raised their hands signaling what has become symbolic in the recent Michael Brown killing; "Don't shoot!" Those players were out-of-order. You heard me; the players were dead ass wrong and if I owned the Rams, I would fine them significantly.
I understand that each of us have the right to express our social, political, religious views and any other opinions...But NOT while representing another entity while 'AT WORK!'
I would not want a gay police officer (in uniform) to walk down the street holding hands with his lover...okay on his day off. I don't want my family physician's office to display his choice of politics or religion...it is a work place where people of all beliefs have been invited and pay a fee for services rendered; I don't want propaganda bullshit!
When I coached, I made it clear to players...there are some things bigger than you. When you put on the uniform you sacrifice self.

No comments:

Post a Comment