Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Surely, HE Made Us Different

I notice some great differences between my wife and I when it comes to clothing-shopping techniques. First, my wife is most 'at-home' in a retail store; I am not. Sales clerks cater to my wife with a lot of gobbledygook chit-chat. Those same clerks know better when approaching me. They usually say, "Those pants are on sale today only."
Sales clerks know that women are perpetual shoppers whereas if a man is in the store HE NEEDS some thing NOW!
My wife will try on item after item and hold other clothing in front of her while looking into a mirror. Me? If it has an elastic waist band and does not 'ride-up-the-crack -of-my-butt,' I'm good to go! There is one other shopping difference:  My wife can produce a receipt from 1976; I often leave the receipt on the store checkout counter.

No comments:

Post a Comment