Friday, December 5, 2014

Say Goodnight Gracie

My wife has a unique and controlling communication technique. She will ask a question that calls for a direct answer however, if she does not get the answer she wants, she will ask the question again and again some times re-phrasing the question. Examples: two days ago we had cottage cheese and peaches on our supper table as one item but not on my plate and she asked, "Don't you want any cottage cheese and fruit?" I responded, "No, thanks." "I thought you liked cottage cheese," she said. "I do but I don't want any." "Just try a little, it's good for you," she insisted. The next mid morning, she held up some pajama bottoms that I wore one night and asked, "Are these dirty?" I said, "No."  (Now folks, I just made a decision on the cleanliness of my PJ's). My wife had not received her desired response thus she countered, "How many night's have you worn these pajamas?" Just to play with her, I said, "I can't remember how many times I have worn those pajamas." Suddenly, she left the 'laundry' discussion ans said, "I'm going to have some cottage cheese and fruit for lunch; would you like some?"

No comments:

Post a Comment