Monday, June 1, 2015

Buying Blessings?

This past Sunday a television preacher-man pleaded with viewers to 'be obedient and plant a seed for a love one.' Here's his 'hawk-pitch:' he sought 300 hundred people out in TV land to send him a $58.00 seed-check for each of the next 12-months. But wait! In that check memo space 'write the name' of a person and this preacher fella will pray for a blessing not only for THAT person but also the person signing the check. I was wondering if I sent the preacher fella $696.00 immediately would I get more preferential praying and therefore receive a quicker harvest?

When I first saw the preacher, my initial profiling instinct would have me betting $58 bucks that the guy was either a union business agent or a used car salesman.

I decided not to play the TV preacher's game, however later in the day, I did give a buck to a long-haired, fully tattooed, Harley-Davidson jacket-wearing fella sitting at a table outside Walmart. He had a sign above him, which read: "Road Riders for Jesus." He made no promises when I handed him the dollar-donation, but he did say, "God Bless." I could easily do that everyday.



No comments:

Post a Comment