Friday, June 5, 2015

I Once Was Wise

My wife and I are most fortunate regarding our adult children and their respective spouses. Let me explain. We receive the utmost respect and kindness from our children. They are most thoughtful including and checking on us. Seldom two days pass that each of the children don't telephone just to check in and 'see' how we are doing. My wife and I are grateful and blessed.

That said, I do notice a changing dynamic in our kids' perspective of their Mom and Dad's abilities to make some judgements. Let me cut right to the chase: My children do not hesitate Facebook posting photos of their parents. I never give it a second thought. HOWEVER, should their Mother Facebook post photos of them; photos, which they find unflattering they tell us. My adult children appear to be at the peak of their omnipotent brain-power whereas the old folks are slipping into decision-making impotence. Therefore, I will never post photos of my children or grandchildren; my wife may do what she wishes. I will continue to Facebook post photos of my toy poodle, Yodie who thinks I am the greatest and most brilliant person in the world.

I recall reading 'Mother Goose' to my children when they were young, I should have told them the story of the 'Goose & Gander.'

No comments:

Post a Comment