Thursday, September 24, 2015

BOO ! Yourself.



We Americans use scare-tactics in simple communications. Someone sends me an email or Facebook note with a post script suggesting I should agree with the message and pass it on if I love Jesus and/or my country. Therefore, failure to follow these do or else instructions places me one step closer to hell. We are stupid with gullibility! Trump lead the 'birther' charge against Obama. Trump also tells everyone that the 'American Dream' is dead. Untrue statements...designed to 'scare.' Carson attacks Muslims reminiscent of Hitler's strategy as he offered Jews in the 'scare-game.'

As I watch the current political debates, I am constantly told that America is on fire or 'going down the toilet.' Every Republican candidate has the same storyline: This Obama guy in these past six-plus years has damn near destroyed our nation. Without question, we are worse off than we were six years ago. This poppycock is simply untrue.

Let's take a comparative look at the question: "Are we better off today than we were seven years ago?"
1. Lowest deficit since 2008
2. Unemployment below 6% from above 10% in 2008... Don't give me that garbage about people no longer looking for work...that bassackwards logic reminds me of the bigot that keeps changing his beliefs to support his prejudice attitude.
3. America is producing more energy and cleaner energy.
4. Nightly American television news is not reporting soldiers' deaths from Iraq or Afghanistan.
5. America has affordable health care, which five previous American Presidents could not accomplish.
6. Peace...this President has not invaded a sovereign nation during his administration.

And besides that...the following has all improved under Obama over the past seven years: GDP growth, Dow Jones, Teen Pregnancy and Chicago Cubs baseball.

Message to all politicians:  Tell me what you plan to do if elected...don't try to scare me with your distorted view of history. Stop shouting 'fire.' It's a lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment