Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Is that a speck in your eye?

I was watching the mid-day news yesterday and saw where GOP presidential candidate, Donald Trump drew a huge crowd in Dallas, Texas. I've been to the Dallas area several times. Dallas is a nice place to visit unless you happen to be a Democratic President. It does not surprise me that Trump has a lot of support in Dallas; folks throughout the Lone Star State buy into Trump's cowboy gibber-gabber style...'Don't mess with Texas.' Actually, Dallas is a lot like Chicago; both cities find many of its citizens wallowing in self-absorbing and bogus ethnocentric beliefs.

I notice many religious placards at most Republican rallies and I likewise notice many Republican politicians running to the aid of peoples' perceived religious rights when their rights appear under attack. What I find disingenuous is how some of these 'Christians' pick and choose. For example: I wonder how many people at the Dallas-Trump political rally were anti-gay marriage predicated on their religious beliefs but support Trump, a man divorced three times. I'm just saying, Jesus did not 'cotton' to divorce. Too many Christians come only to Jesus in personal troubled times and too many Christians pick and choose Jesus' words to support 'their' personal attitudes or agendas. I have a novel idea my Christian brothers and sisters. Let's stay busy doing two things, which we can all agree that Jesus asks of His true followers: (1) Worship Him and (2) Love one another as He loves us.

Anyway, I headed to the backyard swing with toy poodle Yodie to continue my pondering of the ways-of-the-world. If you're ever passing by Decatur on I-72, feel welcome to stop and swing a spell.

No comments:

Post a Comment