Friday, December 18, 2015

Say Goodnight, Gracie

Let me preface this rant with a fact. My wife is a financially prudent shopper. My wife can smell good sales three aisles away. Nevertheless, she drives me nuts should I dare shop with her. I shop with her at Christmas time only...I do the lifting and driving.

One good thing is we no longer buy a lot of gifts. We now give money to our grown kids, grandkids and great-grand youngsters. The reason is obvious...we are out of touch with generational clothing tastes and it's easier wrapping money. Still, my wife wishes to get each family member a couple of 'gifts' to unwrap.

We found ourselves in a Mall store two days ago. I approached my wife who was standing at a large bin of men's wallets. My wife spoke, "Do you think I should get Caleb a wallet?" Mel, "I don't know if Caleb needs a wallet." Wife, "I don't either." Mel, "Maybe you should ask his mother, she would likely know." Wife, "I might do that." At that moment, I left the bin of 100+ billfolds to look at some sportswear. Perhaps fifteen minutes later, I returned to the same area and noticed my wife still examining the wallets.  I said, "Still looking at wallets, who you got in mind?" Wife, "Caleb."
Abba Dabba Do...Say goodnight, Gracie.


No comments:

Post a Comment