Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Another Entitlement ?

I am very aware of the tendency for older people to be very critical of the younger generation. I have kept that thought in the front of my mind. I wish NOT to ever embrace that posture. The easiest things to do is raise someone else's kid or coach the other guy's team. Not falling for that trap.

That position does not disqualify me from pointing out observations that signify change, which is foreign to me. I have shared with you that I coordinate an eight team boys Thanksgiving basketball tournament for Decatur. We hire several police officers for security purposes however, we  have never had any issues but one never knows with 8400 people attending throughout the week.

I kid you not when I tell you that several police officers sat and engage their cell phones. I suppose they are scrolling Facebook entries...God Bless. I suppose the motto is: 'Serve and Protect' (if you can get my attention).

I don't know your 'take' but I think cells phones should be out of sight when the individual is 'on' the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment