Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Scheduling Life!

From my earliest recollections until I started school at age six, I suppose my parents scheduled everything for me other than informal play. It was during those public school days that I began paying attention to a calendar. Why not? I could anticipate time away from that Palmer Method Writing stuff while embracing vacation time around holidays such as Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter. It was about this time that I also became aware of 'scheduling' sports' play. Little League baseball, middle school and high school activities. Wow, my weeks started going by faster.

Those college years filled my calendar even more but once I became the husband / father that calendar was no longer just about me...the writing in those calendar squares had to become smaller to accommodate more folks.

I will turn 77 years old in a couple of months and already the family calendar, which tracks the events and appointments of my wife and me is filled through February 2016. Before you readers draw the conclusion that the Roustios live some fast-lane social life, I would tell you that is NOT the case unless you perceive Doctors' appointments as social outings.

These days, I am on a warm handshake-first name basis with a family Doctor, a ophthalmologist, a dermatologists, a podiatrist, a gastroenterologist, orthopedist, audiologist, cardiologist and urologist.

I am free most evenings but I prefer committing between 6PM to 8PM...I like to be in bed at 9PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment