Friday, December 11, 2015

Tis' The Season to be Irritable

I had several 'Game Laughter' book orders to mail yesterday. Understand, there is a huge United States Post Office just a mile and a half from my family room chair. Another smaller Post Office is in a nearby community approximately five miles from that aforementioned chair.

With that background wrap your brain around this...the Post Office nearest my home charges $2.72 to mail one book while the Post Office the greater distance away charges me $2.08 for the same book. I know what your thinking. You think that I am confused with different rate offers, I.e., First Class vs. Media Mail. Trust me, I know the difference...this is not my first book mailings.

When you have 22 books to mail that calculates to a $14.00+ savings at the smaller, wait longer in the line, farther away...color me there...Post Office.

We can all agree that this time of year must be most stressful for postal workers. Yesterday, the two female workers got to nipping at each other in front of seven people holding huge packages in cramped quarters. As the back and forth snide remarks escalated, I could not stay quiet. Finally, I said, "You ladies sure have my respect at this holiday season...must be crazy days." Another patron spoke up, "I don't know how you gals can go home a sleep at night." Both postal ladies thanked us for positive and supportive comments.

Finally, my business was complete and I departed. I sure hope I have book orders through the holidays. I feel compelled to show up and give pep talks at the little Post Office...must be the 'coach in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment