Monday, July 25, 2016

A Key to Happiness

I am humbled to acknowledge our rich family blessings. Our three adult married children embrace Christ in their respective lives and are married to equal God loving spouses. Those relationships have blessed my wife and I with 15 grandchildren and two great grandchildren.

When we gather as a family, I am always asked to give a prayer-blessing before meals. I am sure this is out of respect for the old-timer as opposed to any other notion. My prayer always contains a theme-message, which I have imparted to my family and those across the country with whom I've shared speaking presentations. I continue to remind the young and the old that my personal experiences and observations support the notion that the happiest people I know are those people who find themselves in a work-profession they sincerely love and find time and energies to serve others during this journey.

The true joy in one's life will not be found in the amount gathered and spent on self but rather the amount of self spent on others.


No comments:

Post a Comment