Friday, July 22, 2016

And the Beat Goes On!

I read in the newspaper where the State of Texas is attempting to stiffen their voting ID laws, which I suppose are directed at folks who are not legally eligible to vote. I guess that would be people who are not citizens or perhaps don't live where they say they live. I would not imagine there could be any other reasons.

The sad thing about America's voting tendencies is that we don't vote in great numbers. It seems every State would be recruiting voters and making the process as easy as possible. It has become apparent that many States attempt to disenfranchise minority citizens using identification laws and placing polls at sites inaccessessible to public transportation.

I am one of the very fortunate. I was born in St. Clair County, Illinois and first registered in that County as a voter. This means that long after I am dead someone will still be casting a Democratic vote under my name back in East St. Louis. That's a gratifying feeling knowing My liberal voice lives on at the ballot box.

No comments:

Post a Comment