Tuesday, July 26, 2016

His Words; Not Mine

On the heels of my repeated comments, which suggest that Donald Trump's rhetoric and the mindset of followers smells of racism has some friends and others challenging those perceptions. I am aware that I have irritated a few people. I don't apologize for those remarks but I acknowledge some people don't like them or agree with them and their opinions on the matter may be correct. God only knows, I do wish I was wrong.

This past week, white supremacist David Duke registered for the Louisiana's U.S. Senate race, stating that his motivation to do so is driven by "the climate and direction of the country."  He continued, "The people of this country, the patriotic, decent, God fearing people of this country are now right with me." NOW PAY CLOSE ATTENTION: Duke said that the principles he has promoted over the years are now the theme of the Republican Party that are supporting Trump's campaign.

Those are not MY words, those are the words of the former leader of the KKK, David Duke. It would be reasonable to conclude that many other Trump supporters think & reason as does the former Grand Knight of hatred.

No comments:

Post a Comment