Tuesday, January 17, 2017

One Day...All The Answers

I once heard a television interviewer ask a celebrity, "How would you like to be remembered?" And then the interviewer followed with this inquiry: "What would you ask God if permitted?"
Naturally, I answered the questions from my own perspective...but you knew that was coming, right?

Regarding 'how' others might remember me does not 'flip my switch.' Look, If I gave very little thought to 'how' people viewed me when walking amongst them, why would I care 'how' they remember me when I'm gone from this walk? My goodness, I had little control on inquiry. Therefore, as Forest Gump would lament, "That's all I have to say about that."

Regarding the second question, I do anticipate getting those answers one day from God. I probably will not need to ask Him the questions because The omnipotent One knows my thoughts and will likely give me insight. However, I made a list for me and you:

1. Why did so many die young?
2. Is there an 'organized' religion that pleases you?
3. Why were my parents so dumb when I was young?
4. Why did I love children and old people so much but had little tolerance for people my own age?
5. Did you ever consider giving a Rush Limbaugh laryngitis?
6. Was it the right thing to do keeping Pete Rose out of the Hall,of Fame?
7. Did You ever consider allowing leaves to stay on trees and simply change colors with each season?
8. Donald Trump...President?
9. Are any of my dogs here is heaven and if so can I visit them?

And finally # 10. Why were You so good to me?

The thought occurs to me explain that at the time I get answers to these questions, I won't be able to communicate those answers to you. Therefore, you should cultivate your own relationship  with Christ and when we meet again we can share the conversation while  "Walkin' The Dog."

No comments:

Post a Comment