Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Today, Jesus Would be in a Tampa Jail

If Jesus Christ was living (in the flesh) today in Tampa, Florida, he'd be in jail. That's right! Let me explain. This last Saturday, Tampa police received a telephone call that food was being served to the homeless in Gaslight Park (Tampa).  Sure enough when police showed up,  30-to-40 people had set up tables and they were distributing food to the street people. The police explained to the Good Samaritans that they were violating a city ordinance; gotta have a permit to do good deeds for others.

Jesus said, (Matthew 25:35) "For I was hungry and you gave me food; I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you took me in..." Sorry, Savior of Mankind but you're under arrest.

You readers do know that we find, in any group 'Show & Go' people. Christians are no different... Some 'talk it' others 'walk it.'

I'll stop here...I need to telephone my son and daughter-in law to discourage them from going to those St. Louis homeless people to whom they give food, drink, clothing and bibles. Holy Jesus, last Sunday Steve and Kathy took a homeless couple to Church. Next thing you know a church member will get mad because some undesirables are sitting in his pew spot.

If my son & daughter-in law get arrested, their 18-year old triplet sons will be sent to live with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment