Monday, May 21, 2018

Don't Say 'I Do' Till You See The Whites of the Eye

Last Wednesday and Thursday night, I found sleep most elusive. Too much 'mind-clutter' does that to a person. As Friday late afternoon approached, I could sense that nightfall could not come soon enough; I was near collapse.

 Thank goodness, I was sleeping soundly by 9:00PM. Around the 4:00AM hour, I woke to a bright light thinking daylight had arrived. As I struggled to open one eye, I noticed the source of the light was the bedroom wall-mounted television. Before falling back to sleep, I saw fashionably dressed people and women wearing stylish large-brim hats. Delightfully, giving way to more sleep the thought I had was perhaps it was a rerun of last week's Kentucky Derby considering this Saturday was the Preakness Race. Several minutes later, I once again opened an eye to see the television showing some lavish wedding ceremony and I believed that my wife was watching one of those syrupy Hallmark Movies where unimaginably beautiful people fall in love after a third party is rejected, a snowball fight completed and a widowed father winks his approval. Again, back to sleep.

When I later had enough sleep, I woke and digested the reality that my wife is one of those Americans fascinated with Great Britain's Monarchy and Royal Pomp and Circumstance.
She was enthralled with Prince Harry's marriage to American actress, Meghan Markel. My wife is one who cannot wake before seven o'clock on any day. Obviously she was anticipating this wedding and either mentally geared herself to be awake or she set an alarm to make sure she saw this wedding.

Today, I'll stop by The Family Video store and rent either the movie 'Drums Along The Mohawk' starring Henry Fonda or Mel Gibson's, 'The Patriot.'  My wife needs a history re-fresher lesson.
(Touch)
Battle of New Orleans

No comments:

Post a Comment