Thursday, May 3, 2018

Shake-A-Leg, Boy!

I have my fair share of faults; just ask my wife, my kids and most people who know me. The only thing that saves me from becoming depressed about this reality is the fact my dog thinks I'm the greatest! The one fault I don't have and have never had is I don't 'procrastinate.' I never put things off. I don't dillydally. If I'm late, there's been an accident, traffic jam or I died.

I mention this because I recall a study about 'procrastination' several years ago that concluded 'procrastination' had increased dramatically in the past thirty years. It seems that 26% of Americans 'procradtinate.' Interestingly the study had a five year grant for completion but took ten years to accomplish completion...so much for 'study-credibility.' That is a staggering number...26%. This means you cannot depend on one-fourth of your friends or family members.

I give all the credit to my parents for instilling this trait of 'acceleration,' to quicken the pace, expedite the matter and never procrastinate! My parents NEVER asked me to DO something. That parenting approach would have left me with the illusion that I had a choice. My dad would say things like, "Hey boy, take out the trash and shake-a-leg." Okay, he wanted the trash out of the house, he wanted me to be the courier and he was talking about the current trash not tomorrow's trash. Parents back then were screwed up. They never took the time to read one of those parenting books explaining a child's 'feelings.'
(Touch)
Just Do It...Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment