Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Oh Well, Just a Thought or Two

I expected that someone would ask one day and they did, "Do you have a 'bucket list." My short answer was "No."

Upon deeper thought, I suppose there are some places I'd like to see, some people I'd like to meet and some stuff I'd like to do. That said, I'd guess those 'things' could be considered a 'bucket list,' yet I have had no such list...until now.

Here's some stuff I'd like to do...or stuff I'd like to 'see' happen in my lifetime...
 1). Research to discover who spends the most time on television, Steve Harvey or Wolf Blitzer..
 2). See the day when politicians are required to wear lie-detectors during political debates.
 3). See the day when Major League Pitchers' have a clock on them and hitting gloves disallowed.
 4). Have lunch with Rush Limbaugh, Dick Vitale, Donald Trump and Dr. Phil...then have an extensive one-on-one session with Dr. Phil afterward.
 5). Find an honest survey regarding various religions' doctrines regarding abortion and contraceptives and their followers' practice consistency in both beliefs.
 6). Eat a big piece of Pecan pie and not worry about next morning's blood sugar level.
 7). Prepare a basketball team for one more season.
 8). Jog again without causing back-issues.
 9). Walk with my wife once more in East St. Louis from 43rd street to Jones' Park Lagoon.
10). Eat Bar BQ pig snoots like the ones at Nichols Bar BQ (East St. Louis).

I knew this would happen! Better stop here...it seems I've gone off track from a bucket list to things I once did and now miss doing. That often happens with senior folks. But you know that.

Here is a list of things I've done that I wish never to do again...
 1). Ride in a school bus on a winter's night.
 2). Drink Caster oil.
 3). Get a root-canal.
 4). Purchase colonoscopy 'prep.'
 5). Listen to an New-auto extended-warranty pitch.'
 6). Listen to a T.V. Preacher attempt to sell me something when his message should be about
      God's free 'gift' of eternal life.
 7). Be required to speak to somebody in India regarding my Internet router.
 8). Give another eulogy...seventeen eulogies is enough.
 9). Hear details of another school mass shooting.
10). Write blogs requiring a reading-comprehension level beyond 6th grade, which is the target of most newspapers.

No comments:

Post a Comment