Thursday, January 31, 2019

To Give Up or Not To Give Up...

You know, I've never seen myself as a quitter but then again, I must admit during my life's journey, I have 'given-up' on a few things:

 1). I've given up on the idea of being the next cowboy, i.e. Roy Rodgers or Gene Autry.
 2). I've given up on learning to ice skate.
 3). I've given up on pitching a no-hitter in the seventh game of the World Series.
 4). I've given up on winning the Mega Lottery.
 5). I've given up on a singing career.
 6). I've given up on the idea of living without a dog.
 7). I've given up on wishing to win any debate with my wife.
 8). I've given up on trying to understand how evangelicals can support Donald Trump
 9). I've given up on trying to use my time to good advantage.
10). I've given up on trying to not give up.

I shall never give up...
 1). 'trying to make the bread and gravy come out even.'
 2). Eating Peanut butter.
 3). Thinking the Cardinals will win another World Series.
 4). Singing aloud at anytime at any place.
 5). Embracing my 'faith.'
 6). Being a 'social' liberal.
 7). Hoping others make the connection between 'social' liberalism and the teachings of Jesus Christ.
 8). Competing (makes the juices flow)
 9). Looking for something needing improvement and considering if my desire & abilities could
      bring about that improvement.
(Touch)
Given It Up

No comments:

Post a Comment