Wednesday, January 2, 2019

It's The Nagging 'Little Things'

Back in 1954, singer Kitty Kallen had a hit song called, 'Little Things Mean A Lot.' Here in this year 2019, I maintain that little things mean a lot more now than they did 65-years ago! Follow my logic and I'll just bet you're of the same opinion.

Look, I may be irritated by the decision to pull our military out of Syria and Afghanistan but not nearly as frustrated with having to pump my own gas and then discover the receipt dispenser is out of tape and I must walk in the cold into the convenient store to ask for the same.

I get upset with my ever escalating Comcast cable and AT&T monthly costs but not near as angry as I do seeing paid advertising programs on three major television networks every Saturday morning and dont forget those endless telemarketing intrusions.

I don't mind paying more for American 'made' products but it really upsets me when they want me to buy an extended warranty; it makes me question American craftsmanship. I hear many people complain about medical insurance and the cost of their prescription drugs. It ain't the arthritis-pill cost that upsets me but it's those kid-safe lids, which are impossible to unscrew with arthritic fingers.

It's the 'little things,' folks...those nagging little things.
(Touch)
Little Things

No comments:

Post a Comment