Thursday, March 14, 2019

Real Disappointment

I feel compelled to offer one of those acknowledgement statements before expressing today's 'rant.'
So, here it is: I am aware that cynicism grows as we age. Also, I confess that aging will dirty and clog our social-filter. I offer myself as living proof!

I could never have imagined that in my life's journey, which began in 1939, I would witness that which I observe in this America.

I see a President who boasts of wealth, business brilliance, intellectual smartness and his ability to do ALL THINGS better than anybody else. Yet, the man has had four businesses file for bankruptcy, refuses to show tax returns or his high school and academic records. I also note that after listening to the man brag about his sexual assaults on women and even after paying hush monies to a stripper and Playboy Bunny (not to disclose sexual affairs) he was elected President and continues to have Evangelicals' support, while my own church is up in arms about homosexuals and lesbians infiltrating the church.

This same President calls out NFL players' who protest a social concern by kneeling during the National Anthem as, "Sons-a-bitches who should be fired by owners." Yet, the President does not call out the owner of the NFL Super Bowl Champs for his arrest at a Spa, which offered sexual favors to patrons. The leader of these United States openly sides with foreign dictators over America's own FBI and CIA intelligence organizations. He also speaks in supportive terms about a convicted felon because that felon would not cooperate with prosecutors investigating Russia's meddling in our election. Reminds me of scenes from the movie, 'The Godfather."

I scratch my head reading reports of college coaches and professional athletes making more money than medical doctors and surgeons. I find myself wondering what next in this self-interest, narcissistic  and self-entitlement society? I don't wonder long as I learn that over 750 families contacted an individual who would falsify college entrance documents and bribe universities to accept students with less than qualifying credentials, all the while hardworking/honest high school students are denied admission.

Whereas I may be cynical and lacking in a social filter, I do not have my head buried in denial. My political leaders, my church leaders and my government fails in their respective responsibilities to hold a moral leadership authority but instead fall prey to that old adage, "Money Talks, bull S*#t Walks."


No comments:

Post a Comment