Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Words Tell A Story

A recent poll of indicates that nearly 70% of White church-going Evangelicals support President Donald Trump. That means this White Evangelical church-going writer is in the 30% minority.
 My reasoning for not supporting this President is anchored in the words of two men; Donald Trump and Jesus Christ.

They said...

D T> "I go after people who do me wrong. I get even with people."
J C>. "Do good to those who hate you."

D T>. "I will build a wall on the Southern Border and Mexico will pay for it."
J  C>. "Love your neighbor as yourself."

D T>. "If I win, people coming here from Syria are going back."
J C>.  "I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to
           drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in."

D T>. "My I Q is one of the highest and you know it. Don't feel stupid or insecure, it's not your
           fault."
J C>.   "Whoever exalts himself will be humbled and whoever humbles himself will be exalted."

D T>.  "I am in support of water boarding."
J C>.   "Blessed are the merciful for they will be shown mercy."

D T>.  "Part of the beauty of me is that I'm very rich."
J C>.   "Do not store up for yourself treasures on earth. But store up for yourself treasures in heaven.
             For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."
            "Truly, I tell you, it's is easier for a Camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich  
              man to enter the kingdom of heaven."

D T>.  "I've never asked for forgiveness, I just try to do better next time. When I drink that little wine
             and eat that little cracker, I guess that's a form of asking for forgiveness."
J C>.   "This is my body given for you ; Do this in remembrance of me."

Donald Trump, when asked by a reporter to tell his favorite Biblical Scripture said, "That's personal"
My favorite Biblical Scripture is John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave His only begotten son, that whosoever believe in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." That is really personal to me.

I would think that it is understood how the words and attitudes of Trump differ from those of Christ. After all, Jesus Christ got 'captured' and Trump does not like people who get 'captured!'

Readers: I'm most comfortable being in the Evangelicals 30% Camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment