Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Comes With Aging

It's not something one seeks or plans it just shows up. Let me explain through a list of things I perceive differently at age 80 compared to shall we say age 40.

Today...

 1. I am more interested in medical research findings.
 2. I find elevator music more enjoyable.
 3. I read labels on grocery store products.
 4. People tell me how good I look.
 5. I regret fewer things because I cannot remember more things.
 6. I like many of the foods I wouldn't eat as a kid.
 7. I'm starting to lie about my children's ages.
 8. Today my high school class reunions are luncheons and it's not as crowded.
 9. People expect me to wear white socks.
10. I watch a lot of television sitcom comedy re-runs.
11. I read the newspaper's obituary and 50-years ago sections before the sports page.
12. Adult diapers are starting to look more and more attractive.
13. I can call my waitress 'Honey' without fear of a sexual harassment charge.
14. My children don't expect me to attend dance recitals.
15.  I Scratch my head trying to understand why President Jimmy Carter got criticized by Evangelicals for saying he was guilty of "lusting" in his heart and those same Evangelicals elected Trump President after he said, he liked grabbing women's vagina's.
16. I use Kleenex.
17. Jury duty does not concern me because in the pre-interviews I make it a point to mention Capital  Punishment often.
18. Seize every opportunity when Grandkids visit to ask them to fix my IPad, Smart Phone and Netflix.
(Touch)
Old Timer

No comments:

Post a Comment