Wednesday, May 1, 2019

I See The Signs of Aging.

Since my intellect is slightly above average, I have therefore subscribed to the KISS Philosophy in all matters. That's correct, Keep It Simple Stupid is a plea for others to make the thinking at my end 'easy,' which aids in my understanding. That plea becomes a 'beg' at age eighty!

I do not find anything humorous about restaurant restrooms having indistinct figures on doors or unfamiliar names to indicate men and women. Simply state on the doors> MEN or WOMEN. I do not wish to decipher 'Blokes' and 'Shelia' on restroom doors unless I'm in Australia and please don't make me study pictures of Roosters and Hens when this old bladder is maxed out. Besides, I'm already irritated trying different objects under my restaurant table to stop it from wobbling.

Speaking of restaurants, do you readers know that Milton Hershey, the great chocolate guy built a Circular restaurant in his Hotel Hershey, which you can visit today in Hershey, Pennsylvania? Well he did and his reasoning was a bit personal. Milton Hershey was a small man in physical stature and during his world travels, Hershey believed that smaller men dinning alone were often seated in the back corners of dinning rooms in less desirable locations. Therefore, Hershey's Circular Restaurant would not have those unwanted back-in-the-corner seating places. Personally, as I've grown longer in the tooth, I prefer that inconspicuous spot that allows me to settle in with my newspaper and read my favorite section: '50-Years Ago Today,' i.e. Stan Musial inducted into National Baseball Hall of Fame on July 28, 1969.  I've also noticed that during my senior years, I pay more attention to my food than my waitress; I'm getting old.
(Touch)
In Some Secluded Rendezvous 

No comments:

Post a Comment