Friday, May 10, 2019

I Shall Say Prayers for Mothers

This Mothers' Day 2019, is a special day and a most unique day. Across America, Mothers' Day is the absolute busiest day for restaurants; ask any waitress or waiter. This Mother's Day children young and old will gather with the matriarchs of their families to lift them in praise and celebrate wonderful recollections.

As I head out to Sunday morning church service, I look forward to walking to the alter, kneeling and thanking God for the incredible strong and loving women in my life's journey. My Mother especially but also Grandmothers, Aunts, Daughters, Granddaughters and my own wife who continues to do a marvelous job in her Mother's role.

This will not be my primary prayer...not at all. My own heart aches for the hundreds of thousands of mother's who carry great heartache from the loss of a child. I shall pray for that mother somewhere who kept a hopeful vigil as her young child lost the fight against disease. I will whisper a prayer for that mother who prayed and worried about her soldier son and her worst fears came true. I will ask God to comfort the mother of a child who died in a auto accident or committed suicide. I will plead with God for His comforting Grace on every Mother with such emotional pain.

Finally, I will ask God to forgive a Nation which lost its moral compass on December 14, 2012, when a mentally deranged individual massacred 20 children at their first grade school classroom and that Nation (the United States) continues to do nothing to address the plethora of guns in our society and the unchecked mental illness in our midst.

May God have mercy on the souls of our elected leaders who fail to act in behalf of those most precious and vulnerable...our children. Those officials and elected leaders who ignore this unimaginable pain in a mother's heart will undoubtedly stumble into Hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment