Thursday, September 26, 2019

No Invitation, Yet

The only explanation I can advance is at age 80+, my social filter is completely clogged. Okay, I need to clarify. Approximately, three weeks ago, I was waiting in a nearby McDonald's for a person to join me for morning coffee and discuss some events around this year's 50th Annual Boys' Thanksgiving Basketball Tournament, which I coordinate for the Decatur School District. I had arrived early to make some notes and collect thoughts.

Three gentlemen seated in a booth nearby distracted my thinking with their over-the-top defense of President Donald Trump. Occasionally, I'd hear the name Obama mentioned in very condescending tones. I quickly jotted my own thoughts on a legal pad.

After my brief meeting, I stood to leave and stopped at the aforementioned table. I dropped my legal paper notes on the table with three of my 'contact' business cards. I said nothing. The note held these random comments: Obama would have NEVER been elected President had he> 1) had four bankruptcies, 2) admitted and bragged to sexual assaults upon women, 3) successfully sued for racial discrimination, 4) guilty of a University scam, 5) state that he could shoot somebody and still have support, 6) alleged marital rape, 7) using undocumented workers on building projects and then 'stiffing' them financially, 8) charged with anti-trust violations, 9) alleged mafia ties, 10) beauty pageant scandal and 11) using Foundation money to purchase his portrait.

My phone number appears on those business cards but as yet, I've not been invited for coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment