Thursday, September 19, 2019

Words Recalled

I have always enjoyed and embraced the meaningful quote; that comment that stirs introspect or engenders a chuckle. Perhaps you also share the joy found in others' words of wisdom and humorous offerings. Here are a few of my favorites:

Casey Stengel (Baseball Manager) "There comes a time in every man's life and I've had many  of them."

Lewis Gizzard (Author) "Chili Dogs always bark at night."

Terry Roosevelt (President) "Talk softly and carry a big stick."

Socrates (Philosopher) "Know Thyself"

Yogi Berra (Baseball player) "People don't go there no more because it's too crowded." "If you don't go to peoples' funerals, they won't come to yours."
     
Patrick Henry (Statesman) "I know not what others choose but, as for me, give me liberty or give me death."

G. W. Bush (President) "It's going to take time to restore chaos."
 
Bob Hope (Entertainer) " If you haven't Charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble."

Plato (Philosopher) "Opinions are the medium between knowledge and ignorance."

JFK (President) "Let us not seek to fix blame for the past but accept responsibility for the future."

Will Rogers (Humorist) "There are three kinds of men: those who learn by readin', those who learn by observation and those who have to pee on the electric fence themselves."

Abe Lincoln (President) "The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time."

Donald Trump (President) "One of the wettest...from the standpoint of water." I'm a stable genius."

FDR (President) "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."

Christ (Savior) "A new command I give you, Love one another as I have loved you."

Perhaps you have a favorite quote...












No comments:

Post a Comment